TERMS & CONDITIONS:
A. Registration Process and Payment Methods
1. Registrants should obtain registration confirmation before committing to travel arrangements.
2. Winston Baker cannot be responsible for your spam filters blocking your confirmation email. Please be sure your spam filters will allow email from winstonbaker.com and eventbrite.com
3. Accommodation costs are not included in the conference registration fee. Attendees are responsible for making their own lodging and travel arrangements.
4. Space is limited and registrations will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
B. Cancellation Policy
1. All cancellations may be subject to an administration fee. Please note that refunds will not be issued 30 days before the conference.
2. If unable to cancel by 30 days before the conference, the registration fee may be transferred to you or another member of the same organization for any Winston Baker event during the next 18 months.
3. If you plan on sending a substitute in your place, you must notify us as soon as possible so that the necessary preparations can be made.
4. No refunds will be issued for retrograde discount code applications. No exceptions.
5. If Winston Baker cancels this conference for any reason, except as required due to force majeure, a refund will be made of registration fees paid for this conference less $25 processing fee. Cancellation due to force majeure is non-refundable; however, credit is transferable to a Winston Baker event scheduled within the next 18 months. Winston Baker reserves the right to change the date and/or venue of this conference at its sole discretion; and such changes shall not be deemed a cancellation; and registration obligation herein shall remain in force provided Winston Baker provides registered attendee with notice of such changes at least 45 days before the date of this conference.
6. Winston Baker assumes no liability for any non-refundable costs related to travel to and from; and/or for accommodations that registered attendee may have paid or committed to pay in anticipation of this conference, including any changes or cancellations made due to force majeure. Unless otherwise agreed, registered attendee is solely responsible for the costs associated with attending or otherwise participating in this conference including; but not limited to – the costs of travel, lodging and/or shipping and safe keeping of any personal or business property sent to or from conference; or used in conjunction with registered attendee’s participation in this conference.
C. Conference Program
Conference program is subject to change.
D. Participation and Behavior
1. Attendance and participation at the conference is limited to registered attendees and approved press, confirmed speaking faculty and conference sponsors.
2. Attendees are expected to behave professionally. Excessive use of obscene language, abusive behavior, or threatening behavior directed to any other conference attendee is not conducive to a learning environment.
E. Personal Information
1. Please note that participant contact details will be kept on the Winston Baker database, which will only be used by Winston Baker and event sponsors. Credit card information will not be stored in this database.
2. Unless Winston Baker has received an explicit request from registrant disallowing to share his/her contact information (through the Registration Form), a list of all attendees, their affiliation institutions and e-mail addresses will be included in the sponsor packages.
3. E-mail addresses will also be used to circulate last minute details and announcements of future Winston Baker events. If you would like your record to be deleted after the conference, please notify Winston Baker by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
F. Personal Property
Winston Baker accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property. Winston Baker encourages registered attendee to obtain sufficient insurance to protect against the loss, damage or theft of any and all of its personal or business property.
WINSTON BAKER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE EVENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE CONTENT, ATTENDEES, OUTCOME, RESULTS OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WINSTON BAKER DOES NOT GUARANTEE INVESTMENT OR PROVIDE INVESTMENT OF ANY KIND, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY. THE UNDERSIGNED ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT WILL AT ALL TIMES COMPLY WITH THE SECURITIES LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES.
The undersigned agrees to indemnify Winston Baker, its affiliates and the agents, directors, officers, servants and employees of each (collectively the “Indemnified Parties”) against all liability (statutory or otherwise), third party claims, suits, demands, damages, losses, judgments, costs, fines, penalties, interest and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and disbursements, resulting from any negligent acts, errors or omissions or willful misconduct of the undersigned or its principals, officers, agents, contractors, servants and employees in connection any material breach by the undersigned of any of the terms, obligations, representations or warranties hereunder or their participation in the event and agrees to release the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the event, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
The undersigned further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, province or territory of the United States or any other jurisdiction that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. The undersigned acknowledges that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.